PR For The People
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Rolling
Job Type: Internship
Suitable For: Grads
Hours: Initially 1-2 days a week with a view to full time eventually
Salary: £10p/h initially
Location: Ideally Brighton so we can work together irl sometimes, but will consider further afield for virtual only work
PR for the People is an inclusive DIY PR membership. We help freelancers and founders learn how to do their own PR and also connect journalists with amazing people for their articles. It's our aim to level the playing field and make PR more inclusive, accessible and affordable for everyone. We currently have over 200 members.
I'm looking for a PR intern for our membership platform PR for the People. I'm based down in Brighton so ideally looking for someone living nearby to come into the office with me one/two days a week, with a view to taking on more days eventually all going well. This role would suit a recent graduate with some experience in PR/media. It's a great opportunity to learn more about PR and also get involved in the new online magazine we're launching. We also occasionally have PR clients in-house that I would need help with writing and pitching stories for - from sex toy start ups to music venues, these are always fun to work with!
- Keeping our press lists up to date with relevant journalist contact details - being pro-active and sourcing these from the internet, magazines and Twitter, etc
- Liaising with journalists on Twitter to join our Facebook group and post Journo Requests
- Assisting in sending out press releases/updates to journalists about our members and founder Lucy
- Various ad hoc tasks - uploading files and copy to our website, helping with community management, compiling social media posts, etc
- Assisting with newsletters
- We're also launching a new online magazine shortly so assisting with uploading content, etc for this
- Pitching to the press for our PR clients on an ad hoc basis
- Some experience with PR and making lists of press contacts (our members are very broad and cover lifestyle, music, food and drink, sex and relationships, health and wellbeing, news, fashion and beauty, etc)
- Confident, friendly and enthusiastic person
- Keen to learn
- Pro-active self-starter
- Good knowledge of the media landscape and interest in media, magazines, podcasts, etc
- Some experience in pitching to the press would be great
- Excellent written communication skills
- Some knowledge of Wordpress, Mailchimp, Canva is a bonus
- Social media savvy - a bonus
🤑 BEFORE YOU APPLY — FYI TOP TIPS 🤑
Find out how to make a serious impact with an employer with our 90-min Mini-Workshop. It's truly your backstage pass into the application process...
Please send these assets to the employer's email which will be sent to you via the form (pink box) below:
- Cover Letter
To get the employer's email, please enter your email address, select the role and it will be sent directly to your inbox!