An online and offline retail platform for sustainable fashion and lifestyle brands
We are looking for a passionate, social and driven individual with experience in fashion buying and merchandising to join our London team. This role is initially part time, with the potential to become full time and based in London - ideal for someone currently early on in their buying/merchandising, retail career but looking to take their next step in a dynamic, fast paced and growing startup environment. The role is an exciting one, a step on from traditional retail - working within our brands and store team, you will work across our physical and digital channels to ensure the Lone Design Club aesthetic is consistent and cohesive in store and online, that merchandising is aligned and effective, suitable for our varying customers across relative channels. You will work mainly within our Brand/Store team to ensure the brand assortment and merchandising of all our pop up stores is at its absolute best, as well as work closely with our designers in meeting, onboarding and supporting them as they grow with Lone Design Club. The role will also mean partial in-store retail management, being customer facing, managing the shop floor at times to get to know the brands and the customers. You will also work with the digital team to ensure consistency of merchandising across our e-commerce. Our concept store pops up for 2 weeks at a time across London, UK, Milan, China, in different locations, each time with a different curation of brands, events and experiences. In our stores the designers are present, they are there to meet, converse and sell to the customers under the store manager’s (and your) guidance. You will work mostly across the pop up stores and with the brands.
Per pop up store you will be;
- Part of the brand selection process and onboarding,
- Managing the relationship between LDC and each of the designers,
- Managing the store visual merchandising and product curation,
- At times running the till system and giving the best customer experience possible,
- Processing sales,
- Assisting with styling and outfit compilation for our VIP clients,
- Sharing the stories of each of our designers to all customers,
- Encouraging the designers to connect with customers etc.
- The role focuses on understanding exactly what our customer wants in their online and offline shopping journeys and ensuring we have the right brand and product mix to satisfy.
- You will be working in the store at times to get to know the customers and brands, communicating the LDC story, the brand's stories, sharing our purpose and mission proudly!
- All customers that come through our doors are entering our family, and need to be welcomed and looked after in the best possible way.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a buying and merchandising role.
- An eye for detail and passion for independent fashion
- Analytical skills using data to understand customer shopping behaviour.
- Drive to increase product sales through the absolute best VM and merchandising possible.
- Luxury or Premium fashion sales is a must.
- A Social, people-person who enjoys meeting and interacting with customers is a must
- Confidence in opening/closing the store, managing and overseeing the store alone, making decisions and dealing with multiple clients at one time.
🤑 BEFORE YOU APPLY — FYI TOP TIPS 🤑
Make sure you double-check for those spellos, ATD is key for this role! Want an all-access pass to the application process? Our membership will give you all secrets to smashing your application!
Please send these assets to the employer's email which will be sent to you via the form (pink box) below:
- Cover Letter
- Social Media Handles (where applicable)
- Portfolio (not necessary but useful if there is one)
To get the employer's email, please enter your email address, select the roe and it will be sent directly to your inbox!