I sat down with Journalism student, Ellie, to get the lowdown on her personal Success Story. P.S - it's incredible! Ellie shares how her vibrant career journey started by simply reaching out to one person, which lead her to her dream internship at Stylist. For Ellie, it was a case of 'no internship vacancy, no problem' and she took the matter into her own hands. Pull up comfy seat Honey, you are about to learn soooo much!
THIS VIDEO IS FOR YOU IF:
- You want to know how to break into the industry
- You want to know how to ask for an internship and get the employers attention
- You aren't getting any replies to internships and need to take a different tact
- How she went from 2 months of NO replies to a reply in 30 mins!
- How to 'cold-email' brands and make an impact
- How to get an employers attention with an email
- How to use LinkedIn as a starting point for infiltrating the industry (#GoldenTicket)
- How Ellie crafted the perfect subject line to grab the employers attention (that actually works)
- How to display work within the sector of fashion journalism
- Tips on approaching that one person in the workplace you would like to talk to before you leave!
- The repercussions of 'reply all' as an intern + Jasmine's email disaster at Harpers Bazaar!
- Ellie shares her #1 piece of advice for interns
Got a question or wanna know more about this Honey? Drop it in the FB Group! We will be waiting for you!