In this episode of FYI + Friends (one of my faves), I sit down with the founder of Sighhh Studio — an online shop which beautifully functional stationery, gifts and accessories to help you navigate everyday life. Polly started her business whilst doing her A-Levels and 7 years later her business is going from strength to strength. Polly is a seriously talented illustrator-entrepreneur and she has built a business from her raw talent — so how did she do it and what is her advice for you? Find out in this insane video!
THIS VIDEO IS FOR YOU IF YOU WANT TO KNOW:
- How Polly has built a successful business since A-Levels — shop sales are at their highest in August 2020 and Polly has a combined Insta following of 60k
How to turn your talents into a business — and make £££
How to maximise your natural skillset and SELL
How to create a badass brand — Polly is a Branding GENIUS and it seems everything she touches turns to creative gold!
When hiring, what impresses Polly on a CV, portfolio and application — how to stand out
WE ALSO DISCUSS:
- Polly's 7 years of business and her top business advice
- Polly's career journey — how it all started in her A-Levels, her interning journey and how she has built a business
- How to make the most out of your internship positions
- How to take the leap from Uni to creating a business
- Advice on starting a shop on Etsy
- Polly's advice on how to turn creative skills and talent into an income or business — and how to start
- What Polly knows now, that she wished she knew when starting Sighh Studio
- What are the main skills Polly would look for in an Illustration intern or employee — skills, attributes, attitudes
- The things an aspiring Illustrator should be doing right now
- Plus so much more ...
Got a question or wanna know more about this Honey? Drop it in the FB Group! We will be waiting for you!