Avant Arte wants to make art radically more accessible for a new generation. The company began as a cult blog of contemporary artists, initially inspired through rap lyrics and hip-hop album covers. That blog grew organically into the world’s largest and most engaged online art community, with more than 2 million of their followers under the age of 35. The company collaborates with iconic contemporary artists like Jenny Holzer, Cai Guo-Qiang, Claire Tabouret and the Chapman brothers, making their work more accessible to younger collectors through sculpture editions, print editions and unique works on paper.
As a member of the marketing team, you’ll be involved in fast-paced, endlessly-varied projects with culture-defining artists and curators.
We’re looking for a Content & Communications Assistant. We really do encourage everyone to proactively step outside of their job description if they see something that could be improved, but the core of your role will involve:
- Creating content (both visual and written) for our website and a variety of marketing channels — most notably Instagram.
- Working with photographers, videographers and other creatives to create exciting content to promote launches, delivered on-time and in budget.
- Drafting/designing/curating stories and posts for social media.
- Designing and building website pages and email campaigns (front end only).
- Compiling pre-launch assets and information packs to share with artists, assisting the Content & Comms Manager with liaison and feedback throughout the campaign duration.
- Assisting with reporting and tracking across content and comms activity, including report building.
- Supporting a variety of larger projects, such as exhibitions, brand collaborations and public artworks.
The main skills we’re looking for are:
- Proficient digital designer with strong skills in Adobe CS
- An accomplished writer, able to understand and adopt the Avant Arte tone of voice
- Adept communicator, able to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Project management - efficient and organised
- Briefing, producing and co-ordinating asset delivery for a variety of content shoots
- Experience using email/website platforms or other CMS
- Compiling reports and presentations, communicating information clearly and elegantly.
We think you’ll probably be:
- A would-be polymath, a creative thinker with a keen eye for design and a way with words
- Passionate about art, design and visual culture
- A recent graduate or young professional, looking for a junior role with exciting opportunities for progression
- Versed (via education, experience or both) in design, communications, fine art or adjacent disciplines
- Hard-working and proactive
- Organised, efficient and ambitious
🤑 BEFORE YOU APPLY — FYI TOP TIPS 🤑
Make sure you allow your creativity to shine through for this application! Your personal branding needs to be looking professionally tip-top! Wanna know all the industry secrets to build a knock-out application?! We have got exactly what you need in our Member's Area to find out how to make a serious impact with an employer. Be quick! Membership doors are closing soon.
Please send these assets to the employer's email which will be sent to you via the form (pink box) below:
- Cover letter
- Social media handles (where appropriate) and portfolios are a plus
To get the employer's email, please enter your email address, select the role and it will be sent directly to your inbox!