The Pop-Up Club
PR & Communications Intern
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Rolling
Job Type: Internship
Suitable For: Students/Grads
Length: Negotiable for the right candidate
Hours: Ideally full time but we can work around the right candidate
Location: Flexible (but ideally in or around Essex)
Our mission is simple: To provide designers, makers, artists and small businesses that have sustainability at their core an affordable platform to access the high street and grow. The Pop-Up Club identifies and transforms unused public spaces with the intention of adding cultural and commercial value to the local area. We flexibly use empty, dilapidated, or difficult spaces in an imaginative way on a temporary basis, and transform those spaces into attractive, vibrant, and unique community assets. Our aim is to nurture and facilitate the growth of our traders, reducing financial risk whilst providing the opportunity to grow and engage with new audiences, increasing the diversity of businesses in the local area.
Are you passionate about supporting and helping small businesses, shopping sustainably and being part of a kick-ass team? We are a growing small team with big things on the horizon. It's a super exciting time for us and we are looking for a forward-thinking, motivated individual who wants to join us for the journey! The role will be supporting the founder and team to build brand reputation and drive new customers.
- Securing media coverage, advertising, and social media interest for The Pop-Up Club and the small businesses we work with
- Helping with brand outreach in other media such as podcasts, influencer marketing, and gifting
- Assisting with press and influencer events
- The ability to work independently, be ultra-organised, and prioritise and multitask effectively
- A good understanding of local and national news media
- Strong copywriting skills and keen attention to detail
- The ability to sell and tell a story to journalists and editors via press releases and phone calls
- Can use their initiative, have the ability to carry out tasks with a high degree of rigour and accuracy
🤑 BEFORE YOU APPLY — FYI TOP TIPS 🤑
Make sure your application is 100000% typo-free — use Grammarly and get someone else to proof. Want to see the epic 'Before You Apply Checklist' to help you bag the role? Go find it in the membership 🎉
A NOTE FROM THE EMPLOYER...
We are a small team and you will be directly reporting to the founder on a weekly basis.
Please send these assets to the employer's email which will be sent to you via the form (pink box) below:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of previous work and media coverage secured
To get the employer's email, please enter your email address, select the role and it will be sent directly to your inbox!