Avant Arte wants to make art radically more accessible for a new generation. The company began as a cult blog of contemporary artists and grew organically into the world’s largest and most engaged online art community, with more than 2 million of their followers under the age of 35. The company collaborates with iconic contemporary artists like Jenny Holzer, Cai Guo-Qiang, Claire Tabouret and Hank Willis Thomas, making their work more accessible to younger collectors through sculpture editions, print editions and unique works on paper of exceptional quality. And they have built a highly engaged community of next-generation art collectors, which means Avant Arte’s artist launches are heavily oversubscribed, with many behaving more like fashion drops, selling out in under 30 seconds. The company’s vision is to inspire a generation of millions of young people who love art like they love music and who collect works like they build their wardrobe. We’re currently a team of 85, split between London and Amsterdam, looking to scale to more than 100 over the next 6 months. This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful, profitable, early stage business at a pivotal moment in our growth, where you will have a big impact from day one.
We’re a small team with really big ambitions, both for what we want to achieve and also the environment we’re building. We want to create a company that remains thoughtful as we scale and tries to be genuinely progressive in how we operate; we want people to really own what they do and be given the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful. We all work incredibly hard because we really care about what Avant Arte is here to do – we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements. We know that creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity is critical if we want to build something with impact and meaning. We believe that having diversity in age, background, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective will make us an infinitely better company. And it is particularly vital if we are going to build a roster of artists and a community of collectors that are representative of contemporary art and of the wider world today.
- We’re looking for a highly motivated Content Executive to join our content team.
- Reporting into the Head of Content, you will work closely with other content writers, creative leads and creative producers.
- We really do encourage everyone to proactively step outside of their job description if they see something that could be improved, but the core of your role will involve:
- Creating content (both visual and written) for our website and a variety of marketing channels — such as Instagram
- Working with photographers, videographers and other creatives to create exciting content to promote launches, delivered on-time and in budget
- Briefing, producing and co-ordinating asset delivery for a variety of content shoots
- Drafting/designing/curating stories and posts for social media
- Designing and building website pages and email campaigns (front end only)
- Assisting with reporting and tracking across content and comms activity, including report building
- Supporting a variety of larger projects, such as exhibitions, brand collaborations and public artworks
- Compiling reports and presentations, communicating information clearly and elegantly
- Confident with using various softwares (working knowledge of shopify and adobe especially)
- Social media savvy (a social background is a big plus)
- Passionate about art, design and visual culture
- Versed (via education, experience or both) in design, communications, fine art or adjacent disciplines
- Hard-working, organised and proactive
- A talented writer, able to understand and adopt the Avant Arte tone of voice Adept communicator, able to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience using email/website platforms or other CMS
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience working in product copywriting
- Knowledge of using using email/website platforms or other CMS systems
🤑 BEFORE YOU APPLY — FYI TOP TIPS 🤑
Find out how to make a serious impact with an employer with our NEW, best ever product: The FYI "Kickstart Your Creative Career" Kit. It's truly your backstage pass into the application process...
A NOTE FROM THE EMPLOYER...
- You’ll get to be part of building one of the fastest growing tech companies in culture, backed by early investors in companies like Skype, Farfetch, Glossier and Facebook.
- Generous equity allowance
- Private healthcare
- Enhanced pension 25 days of holiday plus two extra company wide days on Kings Day (national holiday in the Netherlands which falls in April) and Christmas Eve
- L&D budget of €1000 per year per employee Company Laptop (MacBook) + any other equipment for your at-home set up
- Cycle to work scheme (UK) Regular socials & team events including end of year events between all offices and staff (incl. remote)
- Generous parental leave policies
- Offices in both London and Amsterdam and supportive of flexible/remote working
- Office perks in our London office include membership discounts for restaurants, wellness services and hotels in the area as well as free fitness classes and drinks on Fridays
Please send these assets to the employer's email which will be sent to you via the form (pink box) below:
- Portfolio added bonus
To get the employer's email, please enter your email address, select the role and it will be sent directly to your inbox!